4. Pairing an ANT+ sensor
(for users with ANT+ sensors)
This section describes how to pair ANT+-compatible sensors.
ANT+ sensors can be paired using the AVVENTURA.
* The same procedure is used to pair a Bluetooth® sensor.
• Pairing a Bluetooth® sensor
Ensure [Connect] is off in the Cateye Cycling™ app before pairing a Bluetooth® sensor.
• Pair all of the sensors to be used.
• Do not pair sensors at a race venue or in similar locations where there are a lot of other users. Doing so may cause the sensors to be paired with another device.
1. When “GPS Search” or “Ready” is displayed, press OPTION to switch to the option screen.
2. Press MODE to select [Device], and press SS to apply the selection and display the Device screen.
3. Select [Add Device], and press SS to apply the selection.
4. Select [ANT+], and press SS to apply the selection and begin pairing.
* To pair a Bluetooth® sensor, select [BLUETOOTH].
5. Activate the sensor that you want to pair.
* For the CATEYE sensor signal activation procedure, refer to the sensor’s online manual.
Ready for synchronization
If a sensor is found, the name of the sensor will be displayed.
• SP: Speed sensor
• ISC: Speed/cadence sensor
• CD: Cadence sensor
• HR: Heart rate sensor
• PW: Power sensor
• Pairing a displayed sensor:
Press SS to confirm and then go to step 6.
• If the displayed sensor does not match the desired sensor:
Press LAP/FINISH to cancel. Press SS on the Add Device screen and pair the device again.
* When pairing a sensor with the AVVENTURA, a “C” is displayed after the sensor name.
* Pairing standby time is 5 minutes. After this amount of time has passed, the display returns to the device screen.
* Up to 18 separate sensor IDs—including the computer—can be paired.
6. Enter the tire circumference for sensors capable of speed measurement.
Enter the tire circumference (the length of the outer circumference of the tire) in mm for the tire on which the sensor is installed.
* “Error” is displayed if a value out of the setting range is entered. (Setting range: 0100 to 3999 mm)
* Sensors incapable of measuring speed are not displayed.
Entering the tire circumferenceMove digitEnterIncrease value
7. Repeat steps 3 to 6 for all other sensors.
Pair all of the sensors to be used.
* Excludes Bluetooth® sensors paired using the smartphone (Cateye Cycling™).
8. Press OPTION to confirm the settings and to return to the measurement screen.
* Once pairing is complete, mount the sensors on your bicycle or body according to the individual sensor’s instruction manual. For more details on mounting/using the CATEYE sensor, refer to the sensor’s online manual.
If all sensors have already been paired, continue to “5. Mounting the bracket, and attaching/removing the AVVENTURA”.
Copyright © 2020 CATEYE Co., Ltd.